Article provided by: Dripping Springs Family Dentistry
Maintaining a beautiful smile is essential to feeling confident and happy with yourself. One of the keys to an awesome smile is the appearance of the teeth. One of the most straightforward methods of maintaining an excellent smile is to remove tartar and plaque from the teeth. A professional cleaning is your great ally in that regard.
Doing a cleaning with a dentist only when the gums bleed, or when there is any ailment, is a severe mistake. In addition to cleaning itself, an essential part of visiting the dentist every six months is the preventive check. In case of any cavities, you can detect it and treat it in time.
The elimination of oral bacteria is essential to prevent bleeding and inflammation of the gums. Also, teeth tend to wear out over time and may lose their bright white color. Maintaining good oral health is vital to avoid this process. However, oral hygiene at home is not enough.
With brushing, some of the food remains, maintaining a low level of bacteria inside the mouth. However, even then the accumulation of sediments that later become dental tartar cannot be avoided. That is why the assistance of a professional is necessary every 6 to 8 months. Dr. Rob, a trusted Cedar Valley dentist in Texas, can assist you with your dental cleaning for perfect oral hygiene.
What Are The Benefits Of A Professional Cleaning?
- A brighter smile: Some habits, such as the consumption of tobacco or the use of coffee, tea, and other beverages can stain the teeth. A professional oral cleaning helps keep teeth cleaner and whiter.
- Prevent cavities: The white layer that accumulates on the teeth is called plaque and is the primary cause of tooth decay. This acidic substance corrodes the enamel of the teeth and, if not treated, can form cavities. Brushing, flossing and dental cleanings can remove the plate.
- Prevents periodontal disease: Our mouth is full of bacteria. If you do not clean your teeth regularly, the plaque builds up, and your gums become red, swollen and may even bleed. Periodontal disease often goes unnoticed by the patient. If it isn’t detected early, it can lead to the premature loss of teeth.
- Helps to avoid bad breath: Halitosis or bad breath is an unpleasant condition. One of the keys to preventing bad breath is excellent oral hygiene, and professional cleanings will help you keep your mouth in perfect condition.
- Maintain good health in general: Recent studies affirm the direct relationship between periodontal disease and systemic diseases such as cardiovascular problems and diabetes. A dental cleaning every six months will help you keep your teeth healthy, thus minimizing the risk of that oral infection spreading through the body.
Dripping Springs Family Dentistry Can Help!
Dr. Rob, a longtime Cedar Valley dentist in Texas, will help you and your family achieve excellent oral health in a comfortable, relaxed environment. The goal is to change your perception of going to the dentist, and provide an environment where going to the dentist is wonderful. Contact us; we will be happy to assist you.
Cedar Valley Dentist Texas
View Larger Map